Thoughts and ramblings

Saturday, May 27, 2006

Stuff I do to earn stuff while not "working"

So this is a post I have considered writing for a while: a post to tell you about all the little online things I do to occupy myself and earn 'stuff' while not really 'employed'.

I belong to 3 survey groups: NDPOR, Ipsos I-say and webperspectives.

I've belonged to NDPOR for ages and ages and really enjoy doing their surveys. Besides letting the world know your opinion, you get to 'test drive' new products via description and twice I've been sent products to try in my home. One which actually was marketed, and one that was not. I got to 'test drive' Vim thick bleach while I was still living in Orangeville. I LOVED it. I still do! I still use it. The other product I got to try was Campbell's Double Tomato Soup. It guaranteed an extra tomato in every can. I couldn't taste the difference and thought the price increase wasn't enough to make me purchase it. As far as I know, it was never marketed in stores. Above and beyond that, for every survey you complete, your name is entered in a draw for cash! I have never won. If you're interested in giving your opinion, I suggest you check them out. Its free to join and I find it really interesting. http://www.npdor.com

I belong to Iposos I-say, but I don't get anything from them very often. http://www.i-say.ca/

I also belong to another survey company, webperspectives. I've only been a member for about a year now. Before you take one of their surveys, you take a short intro-survey to see if you are in the demographic they are looking for. If you are, you then proceed to a longer, sometimes VERY MUCH LONGER survey. I am rarely in the demo, but it is exciting when I am because if I complete the survey, I get $5 deposited into my PayPal account! Very nice! Regardless if you qualify by being in the Demo or not, you are always entered into a cash draw. I have never won. http://www.webperspectives.ca/

I am also a Bzz Agent. http://www.bzzagent.com/ This is my newest online thing. Basically a bzzagent is someone who is enthusiastic about new products. Depending on how your answer their surveys, you are offered opportunities to try new products and then share your opinion about them with everyone you can. You then report back to the 'hive' about what you said (aka the Bzz) and earn points towards great rewards! I am currently on my first 'assignment' and am reading the book "Anyone out there" by Marian Keyes. So far it is a terrific read -- very different from other books I have read, and I'm quite captivated by it and can't wait to see how it turns out!! I'll post more about that later. Currently, they are looking for more CANADIAN Bzz Agents, so sign up! Its totally free!!!!! And be sure to mention I sent you (use my hotmail address) because I'll get more points!