Thoughts and ramblings

Friday, May 12, 2006

Ahhh... refreshing cold air

Today is a big day. We're getting our central A/C unit installed!!! yippie!!!

Last year we only had a window unit, installed in the kitchen. It was a loaner from my sister and we were very very happy to have use of it. Patrick and I lived either in the kitchen, or in the basement. But eventually all the cold in the basement was replaced with heat.... I remember that. I remember how hot and humid and uncomfortable we were and how we begged for a good rain storm to come and clear away the heat and let us sleep comfortably -- just for one night. I remember sleeping, on my stomach, in the middle of the living room, with patrick in the swing in the dining room. I remember coming back from walks and cranking the little unit and just standing there cooling off.

This year we should be more comfortable. YAY!