Thoughts and ramblings

Monday, May 08, 2006

I (heart) ebay

It was only a few short weeks ago that I discovered ebay. I knew of its existance, of course, but I didn't know how GREAT it was for finding things for great prices.

Many of you know I collect the "For Better or For Worse" series by Lynn Johnston. Its a cartoon series that is decades old. Most of the books are now out of print BUT you can find gently used copies on ebay. I have now purchased 7 of them and ALMOST have the entire collection! I can't wait to read it from the beginning to the current end.

But the prices are what get me most. These books are OUT OF PRINT therefore you can't get new ones, and people are selling them off at rock-bottom prices! ALL of my books were LESS than $6.00 (USD). Even with shipping I'm paying LESS than the price on the back of the book! Amazing!

I've also discovered paypal which is such an amazing tool. You can use your VISA and they do all the currency exchange calculations, AND keep your VISA number private from the sellers!

Now I just need to learn how to sell so I can make some money too!