Thoughts and ramblings

Monday, May 01, 2006

My Great Aunt Pete died...

... on April 7th and no one bothered to tell us until today.

How horrible is that?????

My Dad's cousin called him to say she had been trying to call Aunt Pete (her real name was Eleanor -- but thats a whole other story) and her phone had been disconnected. She finally found out from Aunt Pete's son that she had died, and they couldn't be bothered with a big funeral and they were leaving for Florida next week.

I am angry! This woman was a big part of my WHOLE life. She usually came with G&G Fessy to visit us and I thought of her as a 3rd grandmother. She was there for birthdays, weddings, and Christmas. How dare he not tell the rest of the family? All he had to do was pick up the phone and tell SOMEONE but he couldn't be bothered. I have never EVER heard of a more self-centered selfish person in my life. I just wish I had his address or phone number so I could tell him so.