Thoughts and ramblings

Thursday, June 22, 2006

10th tooth

Patrick is working hard at getting his 10th tooth, and second molar. The poor kid has just been so upset with it, and I am sure it must hurt a LOT. The first molar to appear took a while to finally break from the gum. It has 3 points and is overall the size of my pinkie fingernail, which when you think about it in a little boy's mouth, its HUGE. I am so sad to watch him struggle with getting another one so soon after the first.

We're having a lovely time here in Orangeville. The weather has been lovely for the most part, and we've been able to play every day on the deck. My father and his friend made a TERRIFIC gate for the deck, so basically its a large play-pen for Patrick. He LOVES the freedom. If there are few bugs, we leave the sliding door open and he comes in and out as he pleases. He loves to play with my mom's wind chimes which hang just below the side-rail and are reachable for him when he pulls up to stand.

My mother also bought him a ball for the deck. Its about the size of my head, and its gold with blue stars. Patrick enjoys pushing it around the deck and laughs when it bounces off of something and returns to him.

Actually, Patrick just likes balls in general. On Monday night we had the pleasure of attending my father's baseball game at the Princess of Wales park in Orangeville. Patrick thought baseball was super funny and laughed everytime the ball was thrown, hit, caught, rolled, bounced. It did help that the ball was a soft-ball, and also flourescent yellow!!!!

Today my sister and my youngest niece are coming to visit for lunch, and then we are all going out together. Tomorrow, my sister minus all her children who will be in school, my mother, patrick and myself are going shopping!!! I am excited! Although I've already purchased a new skirt for the wedding in July, I still need a top. I just HOPE I don't pop too much before the wedding -- the skirt has room for a bit of a pop, but not a huge one. I kept the reciept.