Thoughts and ramblings

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Our hive is buzzzzzin!

With the impending onslaught of family this weekend, its a hive of activity in our household. Shaun has been working non stop on fixing our deck -- replacing rotten board with new ones, putting up new lattice 'walls', pouring new concrete, taking the old stuff to the dump -- and it looks TERRIFIC!!!

I've been working outside too when P is napping: I re-loaded the trailer with another load of brush and weeded my front garden. I also transplanted all the dafodil bulbs from the lawn into the garden and also 3 Autmn Seedums from the 'pool' garden to the front.

I'm developing quite the interest in gardening. I love to get in there and make things look terrific again. Its a great feeling when I can pull a weed all the way down to its tap root, and I love the way the garden looks after its been weeded -- soooo perfect! I'm looking forward to adding more colour with some annuals -- I haven't decided which type or colour yet. Probably red or purple. I also need to add a few more bags of dirt to beef it up.

Today the activity continues. This morning I'm going to Owen Sound with my mother-in-law to get groceries and have a nice visit, and this afternoon I'll be changing beds and doing laundry. Shaun is going to finish the deck -- he figures he only has 1.5 hours to go. Most wives know that you must DOUBLE the given time for a more realistic timeframe, so he has about 3 hours to go.

I was curious again this morning so I got in the scale: I've lost another pound! So exciting!! I still feel the best part of this 'plan' is that i eat... a LOT. Granted most of it is fruit and veggies, but I have NOT been hungry. Its great!!

Well, its 6:30, and I'm the only one awake. I think I'll go jump in the shower and enjoy!