Thoughts and ramblings

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Oh baby! What are you doing?!

And so it begins. The wiggles, the sharp toe/elbow/hand pokes. The unexpected summersaults. Ugh. It makes me feel ill.

You would THINK that feeling the baby move was exciting, and it is! The first few movements are enough to bring me to tears. After that, I spend a lot of time asking the baby "what are you doing?" and prodding my belly to try and figure it out. Until I become adjusted to the movements they are foreign, bizarre and just plain weird.

I don't remember being comfortable with P's movements until after 20 weeks when they were good strong kicks. I guess my belly is sensitive until it gets used to the prodding.

Sprout and I have a checkup tomorrow and P gets his 15 month shots.

Our ultrasound on the 14th is a mere 20 days away now! I am glad I will have an active baby, and hopefully get a glance at the gender.