Thoughts and ramblings

Sunday, July 23, 2006

Home again, home again, jiggity jig.

We're back!

We had a terrific (and very busy) week with my parents, but it IS nice to be home, now that the unpacking is completed.

During our stay, Shaun helped my dad re-do his shed (remove and replace roof, put up siding, etc) as well as help with the post-storm clean up. It looks FANTASTIC! I am so impressed with the transformation.

Mom and I did some sewing (curtains for P's closet) and picked out the fabric for the baby's new bedding. We also seemed to get groceries every day! But it was great to get out.

Patrick was busy too. He is now quite the walker. He can stop and re-start, change direction and navigate obsticles. The only thing he CAN'T do is get up to stand from the floor, he still needs to pull himself up on somthing: the wall, furnature, people. I am sure it won't be long before he can get up from the middle of the room too!

Ramses was especially happy to see us return and he was REALLY curious about P's walking. It was very cute to watch.

My parents are coming for a visit starting Wednesday afternoon. Dad & Shaun are going to finish up P's closet and then go outdoors to start moving pool dirt. We've decided instead of patio stones in the 'triangle' inside the pool area, we're going to build a small triangular deck instead. Better for drainage AND we won't have to level the dirt, which I was seeing as a BIG P.I.T.A.

And now you're all up to date!