Thoughts and ramblings

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Sprout

Sprout and I had our 2nd prenatal appointment today.

We are healthy! I have lost 3 lbs, which I don't see as a huge deal. The nausea is really keeping my eating in check, especially at night. Sprout is measuring right on track at 13 weeks, and has a nice healthy heartbeat of 155. That is in the girl range for those who are wondering, although there is nothing scientific to that old wives tale!

BUT the best news is that I am getting the same OB I had before! YAY!! The were rumors that she was retiring. My doctor's office was unable to get an answer, and were certain I would have to go to someone else. BUT I don't! I called them direct and talked to Beth, the receptionist/nurse. She said that as long as I was due after October, they would take me! I jumped back on the phone and asked my doctor's office to get the letter ready and fax it right away to assure me a spot. YAY!!! I am so glad that Sprout will have the same delivery doctor as Patrick and in the same hospital! Yippie!! There is comfort in familiarity.

UPDATE: I have booked my "big" ultrasound for August 14th at 3 p.m. I will eat sugar and I will drink apple juice and hopefully we will be able to find out what this little sprout is!! YAY!