Thoughts and ramblings

Monday, October 23, 2006

Elusive Sleep...

I've hit that point. Sleep is elusive because comfort while in bed is also quite elusive. Sleeping on a side causes my shoulder and hip to fall asleep, sleeping on my back makes me feel guilty (you are told not to sleep on your back past the 5th month because the extra weight of the uterus on your abdominal aorta can slow blood flow to the baby -- and your legs!). Sleeping on my stomach is impossible. Haha. Try sleeping on a watermellon.

So I flip, and flop. I re-arange pillows. I remove covers and replace them in hopes of having feet that aren't freezing or roasting. I even switch beds!!

I know I am driving Shaun crazy -- but I can't help it. And the sleep I do manage to get is so full of bizarre dreams I have been waking up in a cold sweat and often have to get up to check on Patrick.

Speaking of getting up, I still have to get up to pee several times a night, so that doesn't help either.

I think its time to go back to napping :(