Thoughts and ramblings

Friday, October 20, 2006

A blanket especially for Sprout

I got a surprise when I got the mail today. Besides the bills and junk mail, I also got a package from my friend Anna.

Now, I must tell you that Anna has been super sneeky lately and recently sent me a booklet containing ALL the emails I sent her during my pregnancy with Patrick. It was really a treat to sit down and read through them. They contained all sorts of things that I had forgotten about my pregnancy with him and it was a great walk down memory lane.

This time, it was a box. I was excited to get home and open it to see what was inside. It was taped alllllllllll around and required scissors to open, and then remove bits of tape, piece by piece, but shortly I was in!

I was quite surprised to find a blanket -- a blanket MADE by Anna for Sprout. A blanket especially for Sprout. A one of a kind.

I remember talking to Anna over a month ago about blankets. How Patrick had a special one made for him by a friend of my moms and how touched I was for that -- a blanket made especially for Patrick. I was telling her that I was unsure if anyone would make one for Sprout and that I was hoping someone would, because I wanted Sprout to have a special hand-made blanket too. Unfortunately, I do not crochet and my knitting is pretty bad too, so it wouldn't be from me.

I've added a picture of it, below, in the rocking chair. Its not as clear on the camera, but it co-ordinates really well with Sprout's bedding. I am sure Anna did this on purpose.

Thank you so much Anna, for making Sprout a special blanket. You will never know how much that means to me.