Thoughts and ramblings

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Patrick is getting taller with longer arms...

This morning I decided it was time to wash all Patrick's soothers. He gets them only at bedtime, so they rarely make it to the kitchen for a 'bath'. I collected all of them and soaked them in super hot water for 20 minutes before giving them a scrub. I took them all out and put them on a tea towel to dry on the counter.

I was talking to Amy on MSN and helping her with her resume, so I was a bit distracted, but when I turned around, Patrick had a soother IN HIS MOUTH. He had REACHED up to the counter and had one. He hadn't pulled the tea towel off the counter, but simply picked 1 up. And now he refuses to give it to me. I know I could just pull it out, but he'd cry so now I have to get crafty with a snack or drink to get it back.

Such a smart little boy.