Thoughts and ramblings

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Rain Rain, GO AWAY!

Its raining. Its been raining since we got up. It is supposed to keep raining all day, keeping us house-bound because Shaun has the van for training today.

I don't generally mind the rain, except when it decides to continue all day. It makes me sad that we can't get out to play because Patrick loves to play outside and at the park. It also makes for a very long day where I need to keep coming up with things to do to keep us busy -- moreso than normal.

This morning after breakfast, Patrick and I changed the beds and cleaned out the linnen closet. Ok, Patrick basically watched TV and chased the kitties and I did the work, but it did occupy us for almost an hour! After that, we had snack and I worked on some Christmas stuff while he played with his toys in the living room. Then we read books together while lunch was in the oven. After lunch, Patrick went for a nap and I did some chores (gathered garbage and took it out, put the sheets into the washer, general tidy-up) and now I am working on Christmas things again. What I SHOULD be doing is having a nap, but I'm just not tired enough!

After nap... I'm not sure what we will do. We'll certainly have snack but then what? Maybe we should colour? We could go downstairs to watch TV and play with those toys. I could start going through the buckets of baby clothes to see what will be suitable and set it aside for washing closer to December. We'll read more books -- we read books ALL day. The kid is a book-a-holic! At 4 p.m. we'll watch Elmo's World on Treehouse -- Patrick's favourite show, and then it will be time to start dinner. Shaun may or may not be home -- its up in the air at the moment if he is working until 4 or 8. After dinner is bath, then playtime, then snack and then bed.

Ok.. typing it out makes it seem much more manageable.