Thoughts and ramblings

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

*^&^%##%^& snowblower

The journey with the snowblower began in Orangeville. Shaun and I took Patrick to Home Depot to check out snowblowers, compair, etc. We easily found them and checked over the different brands features and horsepower, etc. We were approached quite quickly by an associate who offered great information about the differences between the brands and after this brief encounter (15 minutes, tops) we had decided which snowblower exactly we wanted. Unfortunately, we had to purchase it in Owen Sound because it was our closest store for delivery. We decided that on our way home from that trip, we would go through Owen Sound and get it ordered.

So we drove from Orangeville to Owen Sound. We were expecting a quick transaction -- after all, we knew exactly what we wanted. Easy right?? Wrong. The store was busy and there was only 1 associate working in that department.. and there were customers waiting ahead of us. NO problem. We decided we could wait. After all, by the time he got to us, it would be quick because we already knew what we wanted. We waited a long time before Patrick got cranky and my bladder was threatening to explode so we left and had lunch. I decided I would call and order it over the phone, after all we already knew exactly what we wanted.

I called later that day. I got the order all ready to go! Until it came time to pay. They would not let me use the "12 months, no interest" coupon they had MAILED to me. They said they had to have it in-store. I told them we'd already been in store and waited. I offered to mail it to them. It was a no-go. Frustrated, we made plans to go BACK to Owen Sound that Wednesday.

On Wednesday, we went back to Owen Sound. Again, there seemed at first to be no one working in the department until we realized there were 2 associates working but they were too busy moving stock to be bothered with customers. We were told it would be up to a 20 minute wait. Of course we waited. And waited. And waited. Eventually, another associate came to help us and it was literally 5 minutes from start to finish. FINALLY I thought we were on our way! Delivery was set for today.

Yesterday I called in the afternoon to establish our delivery window. I was told I needed to call back after 7. So I did. I called around 7:30. I was then told he meant 7 A.M. Frustrated, I was offered a phone call at 6 a.m. today. I took it. Afterall, if the window was going to be during playgroup, Shaun might as well have the van.

So Shaun set our alarm for 6a.m. I got up and had a shower, and then he did. I cleaned my kitchen stove. Shaun had to leave for work. He took the van. 7 a.m. rolled around. I called. He said the note he got said to call 'first thing' not at 6, and he assumed it meant 7 a.m. *sigh* At any rate, he said our delivery would be here within the hour. It is now 7:35 so I'm curious how accurate that will be.

When the snowblower is unloaded and safely stowed in our garage, I am going to call to complain about this whole thing. The level of customer service is horrible.