Thoughts and ramblings

Thursday, July 06, 2006

Fence

I'm bored today? Does it show?? Haha!!

Patrick is having a second nap. He hasn't had 2 naps in WEEKS. Poor kid is just so sick :( I can hear him hacking through the monitor but when I go to check on him he is asleep. Poor kid. I've always said you can only heal when you are sleeping so I am glad he's taking advantage of his tiredness to get some extra healing in.

Our backyard neighbours are putting in a fence. I was originally happy about this because it meant their dogs could be outside in the lawn and play and Patrick LOVES to watch them. Unfortunately, they are building it about 6 feet high -- the same height as our pool fence so we will be unable to see the dogs :( It makes me sad. Perhaps I can work out a way to go visit! I should ask them.

The good news is that the didn't ask us to go half. Yes, I do feel a bit guilty about this, but honestly we can't afford it. Our big purchase this summer was our AC unit which we are still paying for and will be until December. We also have 2 rooms to finish renovating. I'm not whining, this is just reality.

The other good news is that this event of fence building has prompted us to remove our gross and totally useless chain-link fence. It doesn't even span the entire length of the back yard. Basically it does nothing. I am wondering if it was once part of a dog-run because we found another pole beside the house. Perhaps it was once linked to the rest of the fence. Shaun has said he will go out tomorrow and cut it off at ground level.

Tonight I'm going out to dinner with my SIL. My MIL is watching P so I won't have to drag him along and can actually have an uninterrupted adult conversation. Won't that be fun!

Well I can tell from the "clunks" upstairs that P has thrown all his soothers out of the crib in attempt to get my attention and let me know he's awake.

Don't be surprised if there is another post. I seem to be on a roll today.