Thoughts and ramblings

Friday, June 30, 2006

Paper towels

I must start by saying my husband IS smart. But this one thing he does just boggles my mind.

He knows where the paper towels are kept, but for some reason he has a heck of a time putting them away. Why is that?

Patrick and I are up early today, so I took advantage of the time and did some cleaning. I 'rollered' my furnature to remove the cat fur, gave Ramses a brush and dusted the 'zone'. I also did the dishes and a general clean up.

The work in Patrick's new room is coming along. Yesterday we finished sorting things to go to other locations and I took a HUGE bag of items to the sally-ann. Shaun ripped out the old, decaying closet which proved to be stronger than it appeared and I took down miscellaneous things on the wall and the old curtain rod. Today we'll be removing the baseboard -- hopefully intact so we can re-use it and maybe be removing the carpet. It is disgusting and I can't wait to see it go. I just hope the hardwood under it is in good shape and needs only a good wash. We will sand and varathane if we need to, but I hope its not necessary. That room is the only room upstairs that had carpet.

We picked up some paint samples and now I'm trying to decide which one. You all remember the stress of the paint for the Hall-Stairs-Hall so now I am twice as nervous about picking paint. UGH. I think I have it narrowed down to 2, and will keep checking them in different lights. It shouldn't be much of an issue because the fabric we picked for the curtain has many blue's in it.

Humm... Patrick is now exploring my drawers. He's found 'his' drawer. I think he's trying to get a bottle out. HA! Won't he be surprised that its empty!! :)

Shaun is up now, so we should have breakfast and get started.