Thoughts and ramblings

Saturday, November 18, 2006

A hat for Katherine

Patrick has a navy blue, tight fitting, boy-in-da-hood hat that he has worn pretty much since he was born. In the beginning, we had to roll the front so he could see, and now he is growing out of it. I always loved that little hat -- it was perfect on its own, or under a jacket hood.

I bought a replacement hat for him yesterday. It is knit, instead of cotton, and it is for cooler weather instead of all-weather which is fine because he is a big boy now. It is also grey, instead of Navy.

While looking for a replacement hat for Patrick I wondered if I would be able to pass the little hat down to Sprout. When we found out she was Katherine, I knew I needed to find a new hat in the same style, except in Pink. This way, no matter what she was wearing, she would always have her little girly 'topper' to let everyone know she was a girl.

Patrick and I were out running some errands today and went to SAAN. I had forgotten that they had just re-done their baby section! I was excited when I found a sleeper set that had an attached hat! It was $12.99 though...and honestly... we have a LOT of sleepers already. So I put it back. But then it dawned on me that they may sell JUST hats. They do! I got the last pink one!!

So now Katherine has her own little girl-in-da-hood hat.