Thoughts and ramblings

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

School - round 2, part 3

We're home. He's had lunch and he's napping.

I arrived while they were still out in the bye-bye buggy - a 6-seater stroller. When they all arrived back, I was expecting (hoping?) that P would see me and give me a big smile! I got zero reaction. ZERO. Blank stare. Nothing. I was quite sad about that.

I got P out of the stroller, and gave him a hug, then put him down to run around outside and play with the other kids. He had a blast!! He was really happy to play with the other kids and toys. I decided we would stay until it was time for them to go in for lunch, and so we were there until 11:25! WOW!!

I got to talk to Karen about how everything went, and she said he did terrific. He played with one of the other girls and a toy upstairs, he sat beside another girl in the stroller and held her hand (not sure who initiated that but super cute -- they took a picture!) and also played with the other boy. He refused snack which surprised me because it was blueberry muffins - and he likes those! He also refused their sippie cup, which I expected. He's pretty picky. I am sure that given time he will give it a go and be fine.

So all in all, a good morning for P! I am glad. I am also sad that the transition was so easy for him to be away from me. I am glad that it was easy for him, but sad at the same time.

He goes again on Thursday so I'm hoping for another great morning for him!!