Thoughts and ramblings

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

School - round 2!

I barely slept last night in anticipation of this. I really hope everything goes better this time. I came up with a better game plan that we're going to put into effect today.

We'll arrive around 8:30 (this is when the kids go from group play into their smaller groups). I'll take P right to his 'class' and get him settled for a few minutes. I'll talk to the teacher, say goodbye and exit. This will be VERY difficult because I am expecting that he will be very upset. I've made a list of P's favourite things for the teacher to use as distraction -- hopefully this will help.

P will have playtime, snack, craft, and outside play and I will pick him up around 10:30 - while they are still playing outside. This will 1) limit his time there, hopefully to a more manageable amount for him and 2) limit the number of transitions he has to go through while there. Also, he will be home by 11 (his typical melt-down time of late) for a quick lunch and nap by 11:30 (he's been down to nap by 11:30 lately).

My hope is that eventually we can work up to him being there through lunch! This will probably take a few months.

Wish us luck!! I will update later.