Thoughts and ramblings

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Here we are!

Anyone else just think of Daniel Cook on Treehouse when you saw that line? hahha! I need help.

Seriously, here we are! We arrived on Tuesday afternoon and I feel like we haven't stopped since. After arriving on Tuesday, Patrick had lunch and a nap while i unpacked. After nap, we went to WalMart (I got diaper wipes!) and Price Chopper. We had a YUMMY dinner which had lots of screams-of-protest from Patrick because I tried to feed him mashed sweet potato instead of pureed. Wheeeee.

Wednesday I woke the entire house at 6 a.m. screaming with a leg cramp. I can't help it -- I wake myself up because i'm screaming!!! We all went back to bed for another half an hour then got up. Patrick and I went to Sara's and played with Ben and Avery. Patrick has just about mastered getting up and sliding down the slide in her basement, and really thought the pop-up tunnel she has was cool. We returned 2 closet rods to home depot, and then checked out my dad's new school (the 'holding' school while his is being re-done). Unfortunately, Patrick fell asleep RIGHT when we got there, so he spent the entire tour asleep on my shouder. We returned home, had lunch, and P was awake so we went to the mall. He had a nap when we got home.

After dinner, Patrick and I got our hair cut!!! YIPPIE!! Patrick looks SO different, he always does after a hair cut! I just got about an inch cut off mine to fix up the ends. I also noticed the other day that I have grey hair. UGH!! Break out the hair dye!! Patrick had a nap when we got home, and then snack and bed. I went to bed quite swiftly after him and was asleep quickly!!

Today we've had fun too! My sister and Janae came over and we ran some errands in town. I was able to get Patrick a pair of black pants ($1) to go with his team canada jersey that he got for Christmas last year. Its still too big but he will wear it this winter over another shirt. I also picked up a baby gate for the top of our stairs! YAY! Its exactly the one I want, the only problem is that it is wood -- I would have prefered white except that I couldn't find a white plastic one that I liked and choices are limited when it has to attach to the wall (Pressure gates are dangerous at the top of stairs!). I got a great deal on it and am contemplating painting it white to match our railing.

And now Patrick is napping and mom is out to lunch with a friend. I just finished re-organizing my mom's fridge (hope she likes it!) and reading blogs and writing emails. I may go relax now :)