Thoughts and ramblings

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Night Light

About a month ago, they replaced all the street lights on our street. We were quite excited as the old ones were rusty and worn. But instead of something lovely, we got instead telephone poles with lights attached at the top. Very stylish.

Granted I don't really care about the esthetics of the whole thing. They work. Thats what matters. Unfortately, the new poles are taller than the old ones... and the light shines RIGHT into our bedroom at night and bothers me so that I can't sleep. Yes we have a great black-out blind, but the night breeze is also lovely! If the blind is down, we don't get any breeze.

I had been trying to get used to it. I wasn't making much progress. I taped a dark towel over the window. It fell down. I pulled the duvet up to block it, I put the sheet over my face.... no luck.

So today I called the town. I figured they'd laugh at me when I requested that they lower it 6 inches. They actually didn't! The man I talked to (Dave Burnside -- no I don't know if there is a relation) said he would look into it! I was floored. I am optomistic. I also made a note on my calendar a month from now to call again if there was no progress.

Everyone cross your fingers for me!!!