Thoughts and ramblings

Thursday, August 17, 2006

Teething and a growth spurt...

Patrick is teething again. He's working on his 4th molar (some of the points are through) and possibly the eye tooth in that area. At any rate it is tooth # 14 that will make its appearance shortly.

He also seems to be going through a growth spurt and is eating a TON!

Both of these events are also causing him to sleep in which is wonderful :) This is the 3rd day in a row that I've been up at 8 a.m. (he went to bed at 7!) and he is still happily sleeping. I heard him briefly around 5:30 before Shaun got up for work but I think he was just wimpering for his buppy and must have found it because it never became a demanding noise. At any rate, I am glad that he is giving himself the opportunity to rest because when he gets all the sleep he needs, he is a much happier baby to be around.

Today my mother-in-law was hoping to come and help me paint the colour on the nursery - very exciting!! But she called while I was sleeping and left a message saying she had a headache so she is unsure if she can come today. Because of the headache, I don't want to call her back making the phone ring, so I will wait for her call. I hope she is feeling better but even more I am hoping she will relax and feel better. The painting can wait.

So I am not sure what P and I will do today. I am sure will will go to the park at some point, and maybe get some groceries. And he will nap this afternoon after lunch and I can keep working on laundry. I also have a chriopractic appointment at 4:15 - YAY - to fix my poor back which has been hurting for over a week from the stress I put on it doing all that nursery painting.

For the past 3 days we've had company. My friend Cathy and her kids Jordan (5) and Keira (7 months) were here visiting. We went to the park and the beach and had a great time together. Patrick enjoyed having playmates and played with both of them. Because of this I really feel he is going to LOVE playschool which starts in less than 2 weeks!!!