Thoughts and ramblings

Friday, August 11, 2006

Annoyed

For the last month I have been trying to get a care bear kit from Mary Maxim that a friend would crochet for Sprout's new room. When I was pregnant with Patrick we ordered the kit and instruction book with no problems at all. This time I have encountered nothing but aggrevation.

I first placed my order in early July. Because I'm having it shipped directly to someone else, I wasn't watching the mail for it. When she wrote to tell me it still hadn't arrived I did some checking and found that my credit card had never been billed, despite having e-mail confirmation that the order was placed. I re-placed the order late July and about a week later got an email saying that I had placed my order on the American site and they had transferred it to the Canadian site and would fill it and ship it. I assumed this meant that they would fill it and ship it to where I had indicated on my order. In stead, they shipped it here and I had to go to the extra expense of shipping it to her myself.

I fail to see how this really could have happened because...
1. I always log into the Canadian site. I have no idea how I got onto the American site and honestly shouldn't they have some sort of fail safe when I'm logged in to keep me viewing the Canadian site?
2. I've never had any problems before so this must have been a web-related problem.
3. I've only had things shipped to myself once at Christmas. Otherwise, they have always been shipped elsewhere. Shouldn't this have been noticed?

I am glad to finally know the package is on its way to the correct destination and I have written a complaint to the company. I'll let you know if they even respond. I am fairly certain I will never order from them again after this royal screw up.