Thoughts and ramblings

Thursday, August 03, 2006

School

Its officially going to happen. Patrick starts school in September, for 2 mornings a week.

Mostly I am thrilled. I think the experience will be good for him, help him grow, make friends and learn new things. I know that he will truly enjoy it once he gets past the transition stage. But I am also very sad because I know I will miss him during these times. I also realize that as a SAHM, despite providing him with the best environment possible, I cannot help him grow in the ways that he needs to grow in a group setting.

I know these 2 mornings a week will be my special bonding time with the new baby, and that by the time he/she arrives Patrick will be well established in his routine of going to school twice a week. It will also give Patrick an escape from the new baby to a place that is 'his'.

I still cannot fathom how parents put their child into full time care and go back to work. It must be a heart-breaking experience.