Thoughts and ramblings

Sunday, January 01, 2006

Happy New Ears!

I was thinking on my walk today that you really only get about 48 hours to use the phrase "happy new year" before it starts sounding weird and out of place. I'm planning to use it lots today, since it will be 365 more days until I can use it again.

That being said, we rang in 2006 while sleeping. Patrick went to bed fairly early, and we quickly followed. Its not very exciting, but thats the life of parents with young children! of course, there's no other place I'd rather be. No party can compair to being with my family.

2006 got off to a nice start. Shaun got up with Patrick around 6 and took him back to bed with him in the spare room, and we all got to sleep in till 9. After breakfast, Shaun and I continued with our baby-proofing / purging. Today's task is to organize our games, switch a book case, with a dresser, with a book case and then put all the stuff back in them. I LOVE re-arranging things, it makes everything feel new and just a little more interesting.

Did anyone make new-years resolutions? Mine is to have a happier outlook, and to relax more. I've started by setting aside 1 hour every Sunday for a walk BY MYSELF, and I thoroughly enjoyed today's walk. I got to clear my head and relax.

Enjoy the first day of 2006!