Thoughts and ramblings

Friday, December 16, 2005

Yippie! Shaun's last day!

Its Shaun's last day of work before his 7 weeks off: 5 weeks of parental leave and 2 weeks of holidays -- I can't wait! Its so nice having him at home, and having an adult to interact with. While he is off, we're going to 'Patrick-proof' the house so that when Mr. P gets moving, the house is a safer place for him. Currently he only rolls from tummy to back, and has no interest in moving.

I thought i was done my Christmas shopping but I'm not :( When Patrick gets up from his nap we have to go out and run some final (hopefully!) erands to get finished! Then tomorrow I can finish wrapping and printing out my grandfather's calendar. This is year 9 for the calendar if you can believe it!

Can someone please explain to me WHY Patrick wakes up so unhappy? He wakes up crying every morning, and when I go in to get him up, he only cries louder. I don't understand it, and I find it quite frustrating to always be waking up to an unhappy child. This morning he even cried through his diaper change and dressing, but was quite happy afterwards. I find it puts me in a bad mood for the morning, afterall its hard to be happy to someone who isn't, especially since I'm not a morning person.

Tomorrow is Haasnoot family Christmas at Shaun's grandparents place. Shaun's mom has been a little stressed about the whole thing so I hope it goes smoothly as per usual. Its also her birthday on Sunday so we'll be taking a cake, as well as cookies, homemade bits'n'bites and a turtles cheesecake that Boo came over last night to make with me. Speaking of cookies, I just finished icing, yes ICING my shortbread. When I made up the plate for tomorrow I was a little upset with how boring my plain shortbread looked beside my other cookies, so I made some vainilla icing and put multi-coloured sprinkles on them. Now they look terrific!

Yesterday I scrapbooked November in Patrick's book. I really like the way its turning out, but I'm really tired of the comments from people about how I won't have time to do this for #2. In fact, I'm pretty tired about comments from people about everything. Yes, this mommy needs a nap!

oooh. Aqua. Its snowing again, although we're not supposed to get too much snow today. There is quite a bit in the driveway, but I don't care, I'm not going to shovel it. :) So there.

We're going to Orangeville for Christmas on Tuesday, so if I don't get a chance to blog again, I wish you all a very merry Christmas filled with friends and family.