Thoughts and ramblings

Sunday, December 17, 2006

Christmas!

Shaun, Patrick and I attended our first family Christmas celebration yesterday. We had a great time!

I had been aprehensive about going - being this huge and all - but Patrick was in TERRIFIC spirits and that helped a lot! He even had a little nap to perk him back up again while we were opening presents.

Speaking of presents, Patrick was spoiled! He got:
Denim overalls, long sleved navy shirt & penguin stuffy - Uncle Abe & Barb
Stuffed Nemo toy & little people tub boat - Cousins Tara & Domonique
HUGE stuffed puppy and long sleved orange 'tractor' shirt - Karen, Leo, Jennifer & Diana
Gap sweater-jacket and hand knit hat - Auntie Brenda, Uncle Cal, Brody & Anthony
Collector's addition John Deer metal tractor & first-reader board book - Great G&G.

Even Kathryn got gifts! Auntie Brenda knit her a winter hat with a pink pom-pom on top and great grandma knit her a sweater and hat set that will co-ordinate well with Shaun's green sleeper - so she'll likely wear it home from the hospital. (The sleeper is the one that Shaun himself wore home from the hospital! Patrick wore it home too - and we've made it a tradition. Hopefully our kids will be able to use it for THEIR kids too!)

Shaun and I were spoiled with a few gifts of our own, too! And I had a nice time handing out all the ornaments (and boxes!) I had made.

I finished off all the thank-you cards this morning, and put them in the envelopes that are going out with the 2007 letter after Kathryn is born. You know me... I always have my TY cards done in less than 3 days!

It was so nice to see everyone! This particular branch of the family generally only sees each other at Christmas time.