Thoughts and ramblings

Sunday, March 19, 2006

Post Painting

I would up load you some images to be astounded by, but blogger is having a brain-cramp and can't do it right now.

So we're done! OK OK we're ALMOST done, we're MOSTLY done, we've got the MAJORITY done. Just a few little tid bits to finish up.

This past week we did a LOT of work. The painting is finished (1 coat of primer, 2 coats of colour), the custom kitchen cabinet is built (and it looks fantastic!), the new lights are up, the new storage cabinet is up, and the coat hooks and memo center is hung! Yippie! The runner is installed down the stairs AND the front hall carpet is 'created' (we used 2 sections of stair runner, chopped off one side, and then duct-taped them together in the middle to create 1 large carpet).

I'm really pleased with the colour. It turned out better than I expected and looked much more vibrant with the second coat.

I really enjoyed spending the week with my parents. I really miss them when we can't get together. Mom and I spent a lot of time together and Shaun and Dad spent a lot of time together, but we all spent meal times together and post-dinner time playing games :) We really like Sequence and Euchre.

The only tidbits left to finish are painting the stair railing -- I can't decide if I should paint it black or leave it white. The front door is also going to be painted white -- eventually. :) Maybe this summer. I have a lot of scrapbooking to finish up before then.

I'll try to post those photos again now.